EPF Passbook Login: Central Government introduces various ways to open and view the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Statement. Now, an employee can obtain an annual statement from the app, EPFO e-Seva portal, SMS, or even a missed call. Yes, unlike before, employees need not wait to seek the details of provident from their employers.
For instance, an employee working in a Trust should contact the employer to view the PF amount balance. The Unified Member Portal provides a facility for the member passbook and the passbook can be viewed within 6 hours of registration. The Employee Provident Fund department makes four ways to check EPF passbook balance.
EPF Passbook Login Claim Status Details:
EPF Passbook Services:
When the UAN must be active, the employee can seek access to the provident fund details online. Follow the steps as mentions,
1st Step: Open the web portal www.epfindia.gov.in and click on the search button. The web portal will lead to the home page. On the homepage, identify ‘Member Passbook’ under the services column. Or visit the web page of the provident department: https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
2nd Step: The employee must enter the UAN and password. The web portal grants permission to view the EPF account statement, view, and download it.
Details through SMS:
1. An employee must use a registered mobile number of UAN to seek details from the EPFO. Then only an employee can know the balance of Provident Fund, PF. The process is simple, and an employee must send a request to the PF department over the SMS to 7738299899. The employee must forward a message to EPFOHO UAN ENG. The last three alphabets refer to English.
2. The Employment Provident Fund services are available to the employees in ten languages.
Details over a Missed Call:
1. An employee can seek the details of the Provident Fund by making one missed call to the designated number of the Provident fund department. Before that, the employee must seed the UAN with the mobile number, then only the Provident Fund department will respond to the missed calls.
2. In addition, the employee must SEED the Aadhaar Number and PAN. However, it is the complete responsibility of the employer to SEED the UAN with the parameters in requirement.
3. Employee Provident Fund Department provides the service for free. It is to be noted that all employees of India can make a missed call to 011-22901406 Toll-Free Number from the registered mobile number and get services via Phone call.
4. Another Procedure that can be available for Employees was EPFO app, known to be the M-Seva app is not in use. The employees who enrolled in their membership with the EPFO department were accessing EPF account.
5. Employees were allowed to conduct the following operations. The employees viewed PF records and took the downloads of the statement/annual statements.
Change from M-Sewa App to UMANG App:
1. An employee needs to give one missed call to 9718397183, and the apps will download from the UMANG website. An alternate way to operate the UMANG app is to Install the UMANG application through the google play store.
2. An employee must enter the google play store, insert the UMANG app in the search bar, click on the search button.
3. The UMANG app web page shall open, the employee must click on the install button. In less time, the app gets downloads on the computer desktop/ mobile smartphone.
1. The Central Government has released an application for employees of private sectors and government sectors. With this Umang app, an employee can gain access to various government departments on an online platform. An employee can access the prominent features of the Umang apps.
2. They can view the EPF passbook, raise claims, and track claims using the app.
3. An employee can become a member of the Umang app by making one-time registration over the desired mobile number.
Also check: Sahaj Jan Seva Kendra Registration
1. Some of the services are exempted from the Provident Fund as mentions in EPF Scheme 1952. Individuals employed in Trusts are not eligible to avail the benefits of the Provident Fund. So, when such people try to enter, a message shall be on display, ‘Passbook not available to this Member-id.’
2. Before making an entry, the employee must confirm with the employer about the UAN activation. The EPFO issues the UAN to the employees, and the employer must verify and activate the UAN number. If an employee’s UAN is in the activation mode, then the employee can progress further to the EPFO portal or any other means to exercise the online web portal.
3. An employee can seek the details of the EPF through an SMS call with ease. Before making a query on the SMS, the employee must make sure to meet a condition. The employee’s UAN should seed with the bank account number, Aadhaar, and PAN.
|Name of the Organization||Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)|
|Post Name||EPF Passbook Login|
|EPF Passbook Login link||https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login|
|Official website of EPF||https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php|
|Category of the Post||State govt Programme|
Also Read: PFMS Payslip Login