Prerana Scholarship: The government of Odisha launches an outstanding scheme known for its commitment to protecting the interests of post matriculation level students. The scheme can be labeled as the Prerana scholarship scheme. It focuses on benefitting post-matriculation students, who are studying for higher education.
The monthly fee benefit ranges from INR 350,00 to INR 1200,00, Its beneficiaries are the students of the SC/ ST department, minorities, and backward classes welfare department.
Odisha Prerana Scholarship Portal 2022 Apply Now:
Odisha state has managed the process of disbursement of monthly fee benefits on the portal service and the government department develops an official website as www.scholarship.odisha.gov.in.
The entire process of applying for the scholarship is online, and the disbursement of the monthly fee is through direct bank transfer.
Features of Odisha State Scholarship:
1. The government has served 3.5 lakhs applications till date and the Odisha government disbursed four different forms of scholarships. These scholarships are based on the class and background of the students.
2. Post matric scholarships (PMS) are 4 types.
- PMS for Scheduled Caste Students (SC).
- Economically Backward Classes (EBC) of PMS
- PMS for other backward classes SEBC/ OBC
- PMS – Scheduled Tribe Students.
3. After filing the scholarship application, a student can track the application status and support the renewal process.
4. The portal acknowledges the application and also publishes the final lists of the PMS scholarships.
5. The portal maintains correspondence with the students, parents, and educational institutions. The Prerana portal delivers information over the SMS and E-mail Internet medium.
6. It features Aadhaar based registration, and the portal integrates with other online scholarship programs such as SAMS, e-district portal, BSE database.
7. The state-level scholarship portal is linked with the State Treasury portal and for it, the scholarship payments are disbursed in the student’s bank accounts (beneficiaries).
8. Every year the process of scholarship processing begins in the month of August and the scholarship gets sanctioned in the third week of February next year.
Steps Involved in Selecting Beneficiaries for Prerana Scholarship:
The scholarship approval of the beneficiary should pass through the following five stages.
- Filling out the application form
- Scrutiny of the application form by the institution
- Submission of application to the welfare officers
- The selection of the deserving candidates for the scholarship
- Approval/sanction of the scholarship.
Registration for Prerana Scholarship:
1st Step: Visit the official website i.e. www.mpsc.mp.nic.in/scholarships of Prerana Scholarship. The students must finish the registration process through e-mail, and password.
2nd Step: The student must log in to the ‘registered student login.’ For this, the student must click the Student’s corner Option available at the bottom corner.
3rd Step: The student must enter the Identity, password, Fill in the code available and click on the ‘login’ button.
4th Step: Fill in the form with all the essential details such as personal details, banking details, and educational details. The student must upload the specified documents & photograph, and hit on the submit button.
5th Step: The student must obtain a hard copy of the application in print and submit it to the institution.
ST/ SC Scholarship Renewal Process/ Form Correction:
1. The portal provides an opportunity to correct mistakes in the application form and besides it, it is essential to apply for renewal. Here are the simple steps for application renewal.
2. The student must make an entry into the official portal through a valid ID and password. Re-uploading of the document should be done if essential.
3. The student must ‘Prerana renew application portal then click on the option, renew the application. The fresh details should be entered into the application and click on the ‘renew application details.’
4. The student must lock the application in the process of renewal. Later, get a hard copy of the renewal and that should be submitted at the college/institution.
Track PMS Application Status:
1st step: To track the application status of the PMS, Students should visit the official website.
2nd Step: On the homepage of PMS Portal, the applicants should hit on the Application Status link.
3rd step: The web portal will redirect to a fresh web page on which, the students must enter the application ID and click on the search button. The web portal shall display the application status.
About Odisha Scholarship:
In Odisha, one of the major reasons for the student dropouts of schools and colleges is poverty or matters related to economics. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has reported a literacy rate of 76.04 percent. The government of Odisha makes an effort in bringing all categories of students under one umbrella with a motive to support them in seeking good education.
The government has categorized six different departments under which a student is asked to apply for a scholarship and it is done through the department one belongs to. The six major departments of the state take on the responsibility of directing the students to seek scholarships to whichever they are applicable.
They are ST & SC Development, Higher Education, School & Mass Education, Labour & ESI, Skill Development & Technical Education, and Agriculture. Under these departments, the Odisha government brings about as many as 21 scholarship schemes under one single platform.
Also Read: NSP Scholarship Status 2021-2022