SSP Scholarship status: The government of Karnataka provides scholarships to the students of pre-matric and post-matric every year. The beneficiary is connected to the portal known as State Scholarship Portal (SSP).
The SSC Scholarship Disbursement goes for pre-matric as well as post-matric students through the DBT system. The web portal makes the list of the selected candidates available on their web pages. It is mandatory for scholarship seekers to seed Aadhaar card details with their personal savings account.
Karnataka SSP Scholarship Status 2022 Apply Online Details:
Earlier, the scholarship process was offline and the process of scholarship disbursements was time-consuming. Now, the government adopts the process of e-governance that allows the students to know the status of the application, goes transparent in showing up the stage at which the process of scholarship lays in.
The government web portal for student scholarships in Karnataka is an integration of various government departments. The scholarship for pre-matric students/ post-matric students is directed from the department of social welfare, department of tribal welfare, department of backward classes welfare, and department of minorities welfare. The web portal for reference is www.ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in.
Background Work before Issuing a Scholarship:
1. The student scholarship Portal uses the Student Achievement Tracking System, and it does certain operations that are essential for database accumulation.
2. The portal falls in line with Atal Ji Janasnehi Kendra ( AJKS) database. The integration is for a specific purpose, it uses the database to validate the information provided by the student in SSP. The essential fields that are put to validation are caste, income, and religion online.
3. The bank account details of the student should be considered and that is reflected in the National Payment Corporation of India, NPCI. Hence, the government of Karnataka shall make payment to the account as mentioned in NPCI.
Three steps every pre-matric Student must follow:
A student studying in a class between first and tenth can apply for a scholarship to pursue their studies in school. Any new student must complete the registration process in three steps. They are Create an account, student login, and student application.
1. To apply for the SSP Scholarship, First applicants should create an account.
2. Student login requires the details such as SATS ID, Aadhaar number of the student, Aadhaar number of the parent/s, caste certificate RD number, and income certificate RD number.
3. Submit application tells applicants to take acknowledgment receipt either by noting down the application details or taking a download of the submitted application form.
About Pre & Post Matric Scholarships:
The State govt of Karnataka releases scholarships for pre and post-matric students. In fact, the government provides additional benefits to the tribal welfare unit students and more importantly to the physically handicapped.
The students of pre-matric and post-matric studies can operate the same portal service except that the entry to the channels differs by one single tab on the home page. Below are the benefits listed to both categories, and the essential steps to register, and log in to the portal services.
Scholarship for Pre-matric Students of Karnataka:
The scholarship is provided to students from 6th to 10th who are basically categorized into day scholars and Hostelers.
The scholarship is released in three categories namely, admission fee per year, tuition fees per month, and maintenance allowance per month. To explain the fees format is defined as admission fees, Tuition fees, maintenance allowance. For day scholars, it will be Rs.500, Rs.250, Rs.250 and for hostelers, it will be Rs.250, Rs.250, Rs.300.
Scholarship for Post-matric Students of Karnataka:
The higher studies draw huge expenditure and hence the government has decided to cover up education expenses such as tuition fees, books, etc. Applicants who want to pursue MPhil course will get Rs. 8000 and those who are doing their Ph.D. course shall be provided Rs.10,000. The SSP Scholarships are given to the students of the mentioned Departments.
- Department of Medical Education
- Medical SC/ ST Category for fee reimbursement,
- State Brahmin Development Board, Karnataka
- Dept of Technical Education,
- SC/ ST Students fee reimbursement for engineering and diploma in engineering.
Scholarships Released Under Various Karnataka Govt Departments:
The government of Karnataka has provided several scholarships from time to time and each department under the government of Karnataka has something to give to their respective students. For instance, the Backward classes welfare (BC) department has released the scholarship as post-matric scholarship, fee reimbursement, be educated, fee refund, and Vidyasiri till now.
|Name of the Scholarship
|Social welfare department
|Department of minority welfare
|merit cum means scholarship and post-matric scholarship
|Tribal Welfare Department
|Department of Medical Education
|Fee reimbursement scholarship
|State brahmin development
|post-matric scholarship and pre-matric scholarship
|Department of Technical education
|fee reimbursement for engineering & Diploma in engineering.
Eligibility of Post Matric SSP Scholarship:
1. For Tribal welfare Students and their parent’s annual income must be more than Rs.2.5 lakhs. Then only they can seek hostel fees and fee reimbursement. The same rule holds good for Scheduled Caste department students as mentioned for tribal welfare students.
2. For minority department students, the fee reimbursement and post-matric scholarship, the annual income of parents must be less than INR 2.5 lakhs. And for those students who avail the merit cum mean scholarship, the family income must be less than INR 2.0 lakhs.
The Process to create an account on the SSP Scholarship Portal:
1st Step: To create an account on the SSP Portal, the applicants must visit the official website i.e. https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in.
2nd Step: On the home page of the Kar state scholarship portal, applicants Should click on the Create an account link.
3rd Step: The portal will open a new webpage and applicants should select the Aadhar Status either Yes or No Options.
4th Step: The applicants should choose the district and taluk of the institute/ college. After which the applicant must make a mention of the Aadhaar number. If yes, then select the yes button.
5th Step: The applicants must enter an Aadhar Number, name, select the gender and then enter the numerical solution in the blank. Tick the box and click on the proceed button.
6th Step: Once you validate the Aadhar Number and other details, applicants should enter the email ID and mobile number. The OTP shall be delivered to the registered mobile number. After receiving the OTP, applicants should enter the OTP and go to the next page.
7th Step: The applicant must fill in caste certificate details like religion, category, and caste certificate number. And also fill in the income certificate information, ration card number if the ration card is available with the applicant’s name inclusive.
8th Step: Ultimately, the applicant is free to create a password, the applicant must enter a password and confirm a password of 8-character length.
9th Step: If the details are appropriate, the portal shall display a message ‘thank you, account creation is completed successfully.’
Student Login on SSP:
1st Step: SSP Student Login process will be done through the SSP Post Matric Portal. To log in to the SSP Portal, students must visit the official website i.e. https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/homepage.aspx.
2nd Step: Tap on the Student Login section on the Home page and view it in the new window.
3rd Step: Once you get the SSP Scholarship Login page, students should enter the User id, Password, and log in to the page. And finally, the dashboard shall be displayed on the next page.
Forgotten Student ID:
To recover the password, students can go through the Login page and click on the know your student ID link. Then, students will have to enter the registered mobile number and click on the get Student ID button. An OTP shall reach the registered mobile number and re-enter the OTP, and the student ID shall display on the screen.
Steps to Apply for Post Matric Scholarship:
1. The student must visit the state scholarship portal, and then click on the ‘Student Login’ link and enter the login information.
2. The information contains general information, Aadhaar card details, course information, preview form, and submit the form.
3. To the end of the submission, the student must download the SSP post-matric application for future reference.
|Name of the Scholarship
|Karnataka SSP Scholarship
|State Scholarship Portal Link
|Name of the Post
|Post Matric/ Pre Matric Scholarship
|Karnataka state Students
Also Read: Medhavi National Scholarship Apply Online