IIT Fees Structure: Every IIT candidate will have to qualify in JEE (Mains), & JEE (Advanced) examinations and attend the Joint Seat Allocation Authority, JoSAA, counselling. It is then, one can seek admission in any of the 23 Institutions that spread across the nation. Before joining an institution, a candidate will need to do a lot of groundwork.
It begins with fees, scholarships, courses offered at various centers of IIT. Although the institutions are funded by the Government of India, there are variations in fee structure. It all depends on the category to which one belongs to. Each of the 23 IITs has a unique fee structure and facilities that are set in for students. Here are some of the important facts about fees and scholarships.
IIT Fees Structure B.Tech/ M.Tech 2022 IIT Colleges Fees & Scholarships Dates
IITs Fees Costs 10 lakhs by the completion of B.Tech (4-year) Course:
The HRD Ministry releases information on IIT fees for the year 2020 and the same is extended for the 2021 academic year. Across all the IITs in the country, the average B.tech fee per year is 2.5 lakhs. It comes to 10 lakhs by the time one completes B.Tech (4-year) degree. Here is the list of yearly academic payments at five leading IITs.
The fees per semester at various IITs are as Follows:
- Kharagpur IIT (IITKGP) – Rs 1.16 lakh
- IIT Kanpur (IITK) – Rs 1.13 lakh
- Bombay IIT (IITB) – Rs 1.15 lakh.
- IIT Madras (IITM) – Rs 1.09 lakh
- IIT Delhi (IITD) – Rs 1.16 lakh.
Semester Fee is Split in the Following Manner:
The semester fee at IITs is split in the following manner, such as:
- Annual insurance
- caution deposit (refundable)
- Hostel subsidy
- Electricity and water charges
- Examination fees,
- Gymkhana fees,
- Host establishment charges
- Hostel seat rent
- Hostel subsidy fees
- Medical fee
- Mess caution fee (refundable)
- Mess fee
- One-time fee
- Registration fee
- Student benevolent fund and
- Tuition fee.
IIT Fee Payment Process made simple online:
The IIT portal makes the payment procedure simple.
1. A candidate will have to enter the official portal and click the ‘Academic Fee Payment Portal’ link.
2. Make an entry of relevant data like Name, roll number, date of birth.
3. Refer to ‘fee structure’ in pdf file, and make an entry of the appropriate tuition fees, and any other fee details if mentioned.
4. Once entered, the fee payment can be through a bank (Debit card/Credit card/ Net Banking).
5. On finding the confirmation of the fee payment, one can get on print the details of name, roll number, and transaction no.
Note A technical problem while making the payment may lead to a transactional failure. In such circumstances, the payment shall be refunded to the payee account within 5 working days.
Govt & Private Scholarships Support Students for Fee Payments:
The premier institutes have raised the fee structure, but one need not panic about it. One can find themselves seeking scholarships from government or even private agencies. There are several Newly launched scholarships that create a comforting zone for the IIT Candidates.
List of Scholarships for the IIT Students:
1. National Talent Search Scholarship (NTS)
2. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India,
3. Central Sector Scholarship for SC Students
4. Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
4. Central Sector Scholarship for ST Students
5. Ministry of Minority Affairs, GOI
6. Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
7. MHRD Scholarship For a Single Girl Child
8. Inspire Scholarship (Department of Science and Technology, Government of India)
9. Aditya Birla Scholarship.
1. For SC students the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the Govt of India, provides scholarships. The Social Justice department provides scholarships for the top 10 students. The recipient of the scholarship is awarded it as a one-time personal payment of INR 45,000/- and survival benefit of INR 2,200/- and covers material expenses of INR 3000/- per year.
2. Ministry of Tribal Affairs, GOI, releases scholarships for top 5 ST students. There will be complete fee reimbursement and the Tribal Welfare department provides additional funds for those students. Every month, the tribal department will provide a living expense of INR 2,200/- and covers material expenses up to INR 3000/- per year.
3. The students of minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, and Parses do receive scholarships. The state government sanctions up to 30 percent of the scholarship. In the case of minority girls, the provisions in the scholarship are as follows. The minority department provides maintenance expenses of INR 10,000/- for hostellers and for day scholars the covered-up maintenance expenses are INR 5000/-. The course fee reimbursement has a maximum limit of INR 20,000/-
4. MHRD Scholarship:
MHRD Scholarship for a Single Girl Child issues payment of INR 40,000/- as scholarship. The girl receives a scholarship as per the guidelines laid by the Government of India.
5. The Aditya Birla Scholarship is for the top 20 students who make their way through the JEE (mains / advanced). Aditya Group provides a scholarship of INR 60,000/- per annum. It is renewable every year. Aditya Birla Group establishes its norms accordingly.
6. The Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India, issues scholarships of INR 60,000/- every year per student. This ‘Inspire Scholarship’ is meant for students who admit to Dual Degree (B.S & M.S) and Dual Degree ( B.Tech & M.Tech), both courses for 5 years.
IIT Fees Colleges wise- Structure:
The uniqueness about IITs:
On careful observation, one can find uniqueness about IITs, in the kind of UG, and PG courses that they do offer. The IITs open with three kinds of degree programs such as B. Tech, M. Tech, and Dual Degree (B. Tech-M. Tech). In addition to it, these institutes offer B.Arch., M.Arch., BSc, Dual Degree IMSC-PhD, Master of Design, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Philosophy (MPhil).
Also Read: IIT JEE main Preparation tips & Tricks
Indian IIT Colleges and Official websites List:
|Name of the IIT College||Website Link|
|Kharagpur IIT (IITKGP)||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|IIT Kanpur (IITK)||https://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Bombay IIT (IITB)||https://www.iitb.ac.in/|
|IIT Delhi (IITD)||https://home.iitd.ac.in/|
|Madras IIT (IITM)||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|Dhanbad IIT (ISM)||https://www.iitism.ac.in/|
Also Read: AP Diploma Fee Payment Dates 2022