OASIS Scholarship: In order to provide financial support to the West Bengal students quickly, the government of West Bengal has sped the disbursement of scholarships through a portal service that is already in use, namely oasis. In a way, these scholarships shall encourage the students to continue education, and thereby it will lessen the occurrences of school/college dropouts. The portal focus is on SC, ST, and OBC students.
The digital format does help deserving students with scholarships in a hassle-free manner. The web portal application does enrich both government functionaries and student communities to fulfill their respective participation in a relatively lesser time than usual.
The below lines speak about the benefits, eligibility criteria, registration procedures, generating login credentials, and other associated ways to operate a web portal. The West Bengal government terms these scholarships as Online Application for Scholarship in Studies, OASIS at https://oasis.gov.in/
The government of West Bengal has extended the last date for the submission of the application to 31.12.2021.
OASIS Scholarship Login 2021-22 Registration, Fresh/ Renewal Apply Online:
Govt Scholarships to the Deserving Students for ST, SC, OBC Portal:
The government of West Bengal has set scholarships for SC, ST, and OBC students and also schedules a calendar to issue scholarships in time. The OASIS scholarship is provided for pre-matric students, post-matric students (SC/ST category), and post-matric students (OBC category). For all the categories mentioned above, every year, the application opens in the month of May and closes by November. Hence, the student must be attentive and fulfill all the online formalities to seek their rewards.
Scholarship Amount various levels of Educational/ institutions/ board/universities:
The scholarship amount differs for different levels of education and the rewards for day scholars/hostellers are never the same. Under all levels of education, for each reward type, day scholars, or hostellers the scholarship is granted in two parts. The first part comprises a scholarship amount per month for 10 months and the second part constitutes an ad hoc grant. Hence, to put things in order the amounts for SC/ST and OBC are deposited in the following manner.
For Day Scholars (SC & ST Category):
1. Pre-matric scholarship amount is Rs.150 PM + Rs.750 per annum.
2. Post–matric scholarship (Maintenance):
- For 11th, 12th, Polytechnic, Diploma courses students will get Rs. 230 Per month.
- The General courses up to graduate-level students will receive Rs. 210 PM.
- For Pharmacy/ LLB/ Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses scheme reward is Rs.530 per month.
- The Medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students scheme amount is INR 550 per month.
For Hostellers: (SC & ST Category):
1. Pre-matric scholarship amount in this category is Rs. 150 pm and Rs.1,000 per annum.
2. Post matric scholarship (Maintenance): In this category, students of 11th, 12th, Polytechnic will get Rs. 750 PM. For general courses up to graduate level is Rs. 400 PM. In the same way, the B.Pharm/ LLB/ Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses students will get Rs. 820 per month. For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students scholarship amount is INR 1,200 per month
For Day Scholars: (OBC Category):
1. Post–matric scholarship (Maintenance): In this category, the 11th, 12th, Diploma courses reward amount is Rs.160 per month. For General courses up to graduate level is Rs. 210 per month. For BPharm/ LLB/ BNursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses and Medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students scholarship amount is Rs. 350 and Rs.335 per month respectively.
For Hostellers: (OBC Category):
1. Post matric scholarship (Maintenance):
- The students of 11th, 12th, Polytechnic, Diploma courses will get Rs.260 per month under this Scheme.
- For general courses up to graduate level candidates will reward with Rs.400 per month.
- The B.Pharm/ Nursing and other Courses candidates will get Rs.510 per month.
- For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students scheme amount is INR 1,200 per month.
The total annual income of the family from all Sources becomes important in determining the eligible candidate for the scholarship. The same principle applies for the scholarships at various levels i.e., pre and post matriculation. In fact, for SC & ST is 2.5 lakhs and OBC is 1 lakh.
Essential Document Submissions:
The student must upload the following documents such a
- Students PhotoPassport size photograph
- Caste certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC students
- SSc/ 11th/ 12th and other Educational Marks sheet
- Date of Birth certificate
- Annual Income Proof
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Fee Receipt
- Residence certificate.
- Active Bank Passbook Front-page.
Also Read: Praxis WiT Scholarship 2022 Apply Online
Registration for Scholarship:
1. Visit the web portal i.e. www.asis.gov.in and click on the student application. It will display a dialog box on the next page.
2. The student must follow the instructions on the new page and it will lead to a new page.
3. The student must enter the details, and it verifies the caste certificate, and then clicks on the submit button.
4. The web portal shall display registered information and the student must log in to the web portal with credentials and then click on the apply option.
5. The final filled-in application form shall be made visible and the student must click on save and proceed.
6. The student can take a download of the application form or seek a printout.
7. The hardcopy of the application and supporting documents must be submitted at BDO, or PO cum DWO for the municipality corporation. Whichever is applicable.
Renewal of Application form:
1. Follow the login procedure as mentioned above and enter additional details if any. In case, if yes then
2. The student should click the option ‘Renew Application.’ One must enter the current academic session details.
3. After which, the student clicks the option Renew & Lock application.
4. A hard copy of the application/ documents must be submitted at the office as done for the first time.
OASIS Scholarship Student Login:
1. The students must enter the official portal of Oasis and then click on the registered student login and complete the instructions on the dialog box.
2. The students must enter the username, password, captcha code and click the login button.
1. The student must follow the login above stated procedure but click on the forgot password link.
2. The portal shall display a new page and the student must enter the district, and date of birth.
3. Subsequently, the student must enter the registered mobile number and caste certificate number.
4. After entering the details, click on the ‘generate an acknowledgment button. The web portal shall put the desired information on the screen.
|Scholarship Name||OASIS Scholarship|
|Scholarship scheme Launched by||State govt Of West Bengal|
|Eligible Students||SC/ ST/ OBC Students|
|Last Date to apply Online||31st December 2021|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Also Read: E-Granz Scholarship 3.0 Apply Online