Odisha Kalia Scholarship: The Department of ‘Agriculture and farmers’ empowers the children of the underprivileged farmer communities of Odisha. The scheme that empowers is known as the Kalia scholarship. The Kalia Scholarship is awarded to two categories of farmers, first is those who support cultivators for cultivation. And the 2nd one is who provides livelihood support to landless agricultural households. Both the categories are eligible for the scholarship after the document verification at Chief District Agricultural Officer (CDAO) level.
In short, the Kalia scheme is for farmer’s welfare and is abbreviated as Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation. The main motto of this Programme is to open up agricultural prosperity in the State. The scheme is extended to the underprivileged section of the society and it is for farmers with an annual income of Rs.20000
Odisha Kalia Scholarship 2022 Registration, Apply Online Details:
1. The government identifies such a section of society and promotes scholarships to their children who are doing graduation/ postgraduation.
2. The farmers must be permanent residents of Odisha State. The applicant should belong to backward categories, SC, and ST students, their income should be less than or equal to INR 2,50,000.00.
3. All eligible Farmer’s Children can apply for this scheme Online. Applicants who are pursuing courses are eligible for the Kalia scholarship. The students who are studying in graduation and post-graduation courses are eligible.
4. The students who get selected for the Kalia scheme should be pursuing the following courses.
- D Pharma
- ANM and for those doing their correspondingly postgraduate courses.
The government announces Rs.1690 crore aid package for the financially beautiful section. The package details out as special assistance of INR 1000.00 for the 17.38 lakh families of landless farmers and 207 crore assistances to the landless farmers. Under the scheme, the government shall provide INR 50,000.00 to each beneficiary and it shall be directly transferred to the beneficiary account.
The scholarship is extended for 13 different disciplines of study, and it is spread across 30 government educational institutions.
The Kalia scholarship Covers the below given following Fees:
- Tuition fees
- Annual College fees
- One-time college fees
- hostel establishment charges
- Mess fees.
Not eligible for the scholarship:
1. The scholarship is not eligible for students who took admission on cost-sharing/self-financing/NRI.
2. The students who are taking the Kalia scholarship are not eligible besides any other scholarship.
3. The students who are seeking Kalia Scholarship for one professional course shall not be eligible for the second professional course.
Student Identification Process:
1. Odisha state scholarship Department will prepare reports and monitor applications.
2. At the directorate level, the government makes the fund approval, administration sanction, and account opening to the beneficiaries.
3. At the district level, the chief district agricultural officer, CDAO/DNO shall have access to the scholarship portal through the provision of the login credentials.
4. The head of institutions recommends the student’s profile for scholarship to the chief district agriculture officer, CDAO. The CDAO shall verify as to how authentic are the farmer’s documents to issue Kalia beneficiary.
5. The CDAO shall release the scholarship into the registered account of the student at the common scholarship portal i.e. www.scholarship.odisha.gov.in.
Applicant Must Follow for Scholarship Disbursement:
1. The department of Agriculture and farmers shall publish a notification in the local diaries. All eligible students should complete the online Application for Kalia yojana scholarship approval.
2. The student must apply at the portal: scholarship.odisha.gov.in. After submitting the application online, the student should take a printout and keep a hard copy for future references.
3. In the application, the student must assure that the parents are the beneficiaries of KALIA. The student is not the recipient of any other scholarship.
4. The department of Agriculture and farmers shall credit the scholarship through direct benefit transfer mode into the beneficiary’s account only.
5. If institutions fail to validate the student’s application within the time frame, then the application is treated as invalid.
Also Read: Aikyashree WBMDFC Scholarships 2022
The Process to apply for Odisha Kalia Scholarships:
1st Step: To apply for Odisha Kalia Scholarships, applicants must visit the official website https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/scholarship-list.
2nd Step: On the Home page of the State scholarship Portal, applicants should click on the Apply Option and view the page on the fresh tab.
3rd Step: Applicants will get the Student Login page. If you are already registered can log in it with the Login credentials like Aadhar Number and Password. Otherwise, you can hit on the Register Here button.
4th Step: Once you log in to the Scholarship Portal, applicants must fulfill the Scholarship application form and submit their filled Kalia Scholarship form on or before the date.
Check the Kalia Yojana scholarship application Status Online:
1. To know the application status of the Kalia scholarship, Students must visit Kalia Yojana’s official website i.e. https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/home.
2. On the state scholarship Portal main page, students should click on the Know your status link.
3. Students will have to enter the Aadhaar number or Applicant ID and track their application status.
Check my Kalia Yojana Balance:
1. A student must contact the concerned bank which was declared in the Kalia Yojana Red/Green form and confirm the first installment.
2. In case a student has internet banking services then knowing the Yojana bank balance through online mode is easily possible.
|Name of the Scholarship||Kalia Scholarship|
|Department||Agriculture & F.E Department|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Online Apply Starting Date||9th August 2021|
Also Read: SVMCM Scholarship 2022