WBMDFC Scholarship: The government of West Bengal initiated the Aikyashree scholarship scheme that covers minority students who are pursuing education at various levels. West Bengal minorities development and finance corporation (WBMDFC), is the nodal organization for planning and implementation of the scheme. The West Bengal state government shall fund the entire project from the exchequer of the state government only.
However, the west Bengal minorities development and finance corporation provides guidelines to the beneficiaries ( minority students) in obtaining the scholarship. This article explains in detail the scholarship’s eligibility, various scholarships for minorities under the Aikyashree, important documents to upload, the registration and login provisions for the fresh applications. More information can be obtained at https://wbmdfcscholarship.org.
Aikyashree WBMDFC Scholarship 2022 for WB Minority Apply Online:
Evolution & Objective of WBMDFC:
West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation, WBMDFC, was created under the act of West Bengal XVIII 1995 in 1996. The government wanted to up-skill the student’s abilities and implemented a list of activities such as career counselling, vocational training, mass awareness, economic welfare, and more. Here, the scholarship program to minority students is geared to achieve objectives.
- The government backs pre-matric scholarships to prevent the school drop-out of students who are pursuing education from class-1 to Class X class.
- To obtain the post-matric scholarships, students should have to complete their 10+2 which is equal to Intermediate, and also pursue higher education too.
- The government wants the students who are obtaining merit cum scholarships to complete their professional /technical education and enhance their employment opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria for Aikyashree Scholarships:
1. The scholarships under the scheme are pre-matric scholarship, post-matric scholarship, and merit-cum-means scholarship (for technical and professional courses).
2. Minority students who apply for the Pre-matric scholarship/ post-matric scholarship must meet the following criteria and a student should comply with all the requirements declared by West Bengal minority financial development and financial corporation. Likewise, the applicants for the merit cum means scholarship must fulfill the criteria for eligibility.
3. In all the three scholarships, things that are common is that the applicant must be a domicile of West Bengal, and the applicant must be pursuing school/institution/ technical/professional courses recognized by the respective boards and universities in the central and state level.
4. The student must have secured at least 50 percent in the previous year’s of study and it is applicable in all three cases.
5. In case of pre-matric/post-matric the annual family income must not exceed INR 2.0 lakhs, and for merit cum means scholarship the annual family income must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs.
A. The state government scheme shall not provide scholarships to those who reside outside their home state (West Bengal) and pursue pre-matric/post-matric courses. But the government shall release scholarships for those who are residing outside the West Bengal state and pursuing technical courses.
B. The government of West Bengal selects the eligible students based on merit and the total number of beneficiaries depends on the state government’s allotted budget.
C. The renewal of the scholarship is permissible only if a student obtains at least 50 percent in the previous examinations.
1. The scheme shall provide maintenance allowances for hostellers and day scholars.
2. Under this scheme, students will credit the Course/ tuition fees as well as Maintenance allowance Fee Directly to their Bank account.
Procedures Made Compulsory on Students under Scheme:
1. The assigned nodal teachers of the schools must access the applicant’s application forms on the official web portal and verify them.
2. Students must maintain the prescribed attendance by the school.
3. The student who is entitled to the scholarship will not be permitted if a student fails to maintain discipline and follow the rules and regulations set by the scheme.
4. If a student seeks scholarship by adopting faulty practices then on its identification, the student will have to face dire consequences.
5. The government of West Bengal shall collect as low as 2 percent as a part of the administrative expenses by the WBMDFC for the implementation of the scheme.
Aikyashree Scholarships for Day Scholars & Hostellers:
The scheme delivers scholarships in the form of day scholars and hostellers. In day scholar expenses, the scheme issues admission fee & tuition fees, and maintenance allowance. In case of the hosteller, the scheme provides admission fees & tuition fees, and maintenance allowance.
|Name of the Course||Classes||Day Scholar Admission fee & tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance||Hosteller Admission fee & tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance|
|Students of Pre Matric||Class 1 to 5||Rs. 0, Rs.1100||Rs. 1100, Rs.0|
|Pre Matric Students||class 6 to 10||Rs. 4400, Rs.1100||Rs.4400, Rs.6600|
|pre matric||class 11 to class 12||Rs.11000, Rs.2500||Rs.7700, Rs. 4200|
|Students of Post matric||Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300, Rs.3300||3300, 6300|
|Post matric||M.Phil & Ph.D||3300,6000||Rs.3300, Rs. 13200|
|For Merit cum means||Professional courses such as Medical, Engineering, Management, Law, CA||Rs. 2200, Rs.5500||Rs.22000, Rs.11000|
1. Students of Pre Matric:
- Students of pre-matric from Class 1 to 5, no hostel shall be entertained. Hence, they will be provided only Day Scholars like Admission fee & tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.0, Rs.1100. For Hosteller, Admission fee & tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.1100, Rs.0.
- In a similar manner, pre-matric from class 6 to 10, the day scholar fee break up is admission fee & tuition fee, maintenance allowance is 4400, 1100, for Hosteller admission fee & tuition fee, maintenance allowance is Rs.4400, Rs.6600.
- For pre-matric from class 11 to class 12, Day scholar admission fee & tuition fee, Maintenance allowance is 11000, Rs. 2500, For Hosteller, the admission fee & tuition fee, maintenance allowance is Rs.7700, Rs. 4200.
2. Students of Post matric (undergraduate & postgraduate, M.Phil & Ph.D.):
- The undergraduate and postgraduate Day Scholars Admission fee & Tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.3300, Rs.3300, For Hosteller Admission fee & Tuition fee, Maintenance is Rs.3300, Rs.6300.
- For M.Phil & Ph.D., the Day Scholars Admission Fee & Tuition Fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.3300 & Rs.6000. For Hosteller, Admission fee & Tuition Fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.3300 & Rs.13200.
3. For Merit cum means, professional courses such as medical, engineering, management, Law, CA, Day Scholars Admission fee & Tuition Fee is Rs.2200, Rs.5500. For Hosteller, Admission fee & Tuition fee, Maintenance Allowance is Rs.22000, 11000.
Limitations of the Scholarship Payments:
1. The scheme remits the actual amount for admission and tuition fee.
2. Hostellers need not be staying in the residential hostels but may also stay as paying guests or on rent.
3. The maintenance fee is usually paid only for the ten months of an academic year.
4. The scheme shall remit the full course fee for the students whose institutions are listed for.
Application Procedure of WBMDFC Scholarship 2022:
1st Step: To apply for the WBMDFC Scholarship Fresh application, applicants must go to the WBMDFC official website i.e. https://serv2.wbmdfcscholarship.org/, and click on the student area link.
2nd Step: It will lead to the student’s page and click on the fresh registration 2022-2023 link.
3rd Step: Applicants will get the Student registration form on the computer screen. Now, applicants should enter the required details such as father’s name, mobile number, etc. Click the submit and proceed.
4th Step: Continue to fill the eligibility column and click the submit and proceed button. The applicant must check for the relevant scholarship scheme.
5th Step: The applicant must log in with the user ID and the generated password. Fill in the asked details, such as bank information, academic info, etc, and after verification & click the ‘final submit button.
6th Step: The applicant must seek a printout of the WBMDFC Scholarship application form, and submit a photocopy of the bank passbook that carries details of the bank account, IFSC code at the concerned institute.
Also Check: UP Scholarship Status 2022
Track Application Status of WBMDFC Scholarship:
1st step: To track the application status online, applicants need to visit the WBMDFC portal.
2nd Step: On the scholarship page, applicants must click the track application link. It will lead to a new webpage.
3rd Step: The applicants should select the year of registration as well as the district as shown below.
4th Step: Applicants must select application ID or mobile number, date of birth, and captcha code, and click the submit button.
5th Step: The web portal shall display the applicant’s application status.
List Of Registered Institutions
1. The applicant must select the district where the institute is located and click the submit button.
2. The web portal shall display the recorded list of institutes on the computer screen.
Student Login at wbmdfcscholarship.org:
1. Open the homepage of the WBMDFC website, and click the link: https://wbmdfcscholarship.org/main/student_panel. Then, click on the Registered student login. It will lead to a new page.
2. The student login page will lead to the select your district institute page. The student must select the district and click on it.
3. Once you get the Student Login page, the student should enter the details such as username, password, academic session, district, captcha, and click the login.
Also Check: Jnana Bhoomi Nivas Scholarship Login