Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana: The Government has come up with a novel idea in benefiting the students who are residing in Rajasthan. To meet their residential expenditure in Urban areas, the Government plans to provide vouchers. In this issue, Mr. Ashok Gehlot, Honorable Chief Minister of Rajasthan, approves the proposal put forth.
The scheme known as Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana has been finalized for implementation. The Most Important thing is Students who leave their native places to study their Higher education at distant places do require boarding. Hence, the Government decided to fulfill the boarding charges by issuing vouchers. A student of the reserved category SC, ST, OBC, MBC, and EWS can avail the benefit from it.
Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana Complete details:
The Rajasthan CM Mr. Ashok Gehlot Garu initiates the yojana to support the reserved category of Candidates across rural and urban areas. To support those students who are in urban setup for education, the Government geared up the voucher scheme. The scheme will be benefiting about 5000 reserved category students every year. It means the Government would back the scheme’s objectives by getting students the residential facilities.
For students to achieve it, the Government will be providing Vouchers. The government provides strict instructions and guidelines for the students and they are expected to follow them properly. After seeking a clear understanding of the scheme procedures, the eligible applicants can apply for the Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana through an online application form.
Raj CMO official Tweet:
The Process to apply for Ambedkar DBT Voucher Scheme Online:
1st Step: To apply for the Raj DBT SC, ST Voucher Scheme, applicants should visit the Rajasthan state govt official portal i.e. www.rajasthan.gov.in, or go through the direct link i.e. http://www.dipr.rajasthan.gov.in/content/dipr/en/news-detail.227182.html.
2nd Step: On the opening of the Rajasthan govt main page, ‘An applicant will have to find the SC, ST, Ambedkar DBT Voucher online registration Link on the home page.
3rd Step: After finding it, an applicant will have to open it on the fresh tab and start to enter the details that are asked for: Student Name, Father/Mother Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Caste, and upload the essential documents.
5th Step: Once all details are furnished on the web page, click on the submit button for submitting the application.
Also Read: Rajasthan Rajiv Gandhi Career Portal
Note: Interested candidates for enrolling in the scheme will have to keep a watch on the scheme activities. The Rajasthan Government has opened the scheme for reserved category students. For an applicant to participate and reap the benefits of the scheme, the Government will have to start the application process.
- An applicant must be a domicile of Rajasthan State.
- Students of Rajasthan must be pursuing a ‘Regular course’ in a UG or postgraduate level degree.
- Under the scheme, an applicant must not belong to any Government-run hostels.
- An applicant should have secured at least 75 percent marks to get enrolled in the scheme.
- Under the scheme, about 5000 students will be benefiting.
- The scheme is exclusively for the students who are away from home and living in urban areas for education.
- Specifically, reserved class colleges are allotted for the reserved class students who are entitled to enrolment in the scheme.
The Government of Rajasthan has identified a class of students who are in absolute need of financial assistance. These students are the ones away from home and pursuing higher studies. It is here that the Government has realized its need for residential facilities. To fulfill their need, the Government began a scheme that identifies a select category of reserved college students. Under the scheme, the Government will issue vouchers to the students who are studying in urban areas. The new scheme is termed Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana.
The Ambedkar DBT voucher scheme will be implemented from the academic session, 2021-22 onwards. Students who are residing in the urban areas are entitled to INR7000.00 per month and students who are residing in rural areas are entitled to INR 5000.00. The students who are doing ‘regular course’ in colleges are only allowed to participate in the scheme. Another important note is students who are residing in other hostels of other departments are not allowed to this scheme.
A merit list of the top 5000 students will be selected for the Ambedkar DBT Voucher Scheme. The selection of the students depends upon the marks obtained in the previous year of study. The students who must have scored a minimum of 75 percent are eligible to participate in the selection process.
Rajasthan Chief Minister has given approval for the implementation of the scheme from the academic year (2021-22). The scheme covers students of SC, ST, OBC, MBC, EWS categories. While in the implementation of the scheme, the Government shall issue vouchers for residential facilities.
Benefits of the scheme:
Students will be provided with vouchers for 10 months in a year. The value of the voucher will be INR7000 (urban setup) and INR5000 (in rural setup).
Students who make their living in hostels that are operated by other government welfare departments shall not be permitted in this scheme.
Zee News Tweet:
Features of the Yojana:
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot Ji, is instrumental in initiating Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Scheme 2021.
- The scheme is said to be operational from the academic year 2021-21.
- Students who are doing their undergraduate, or postgraduate courses are eligible. They should have enrolled in a ‘regular course.’
- In Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana 2021, students who have enrolled in the reserved category will get a residential facility. The residential dues can be paid through vouchers.
- The reservation category students who are allowed to study in government-run departments are not entitled to a voucher scheme.
- The reserved category students of this scheme are SC, ST, OBC, MBC, and EWS.
- As per the directions of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department, students who have secured a minimum of 75 percent are eligible to apply to the scheme, and the top 5000 merit students are selected to seek the voucher benefit. The Government provides DBT vouchers for 10 months a year.
|Name of the Yojana||Rajasthan Ambedkar DBT Voucher Yojana|
|Started by||Rajasthan State government|
|Eligible People||SC, ST, OBC, MBC, and EWS Beneficiaries|
|Type of registration||Online and offline|
|Official portal link||www.rajasthan.gov.in or|
|Category of the Article||State govt scheme|
|The benefit of the scheme||Financial support up to Rs.5000 to Rs.7000|
|Check Scheme Official Details||Click Here|
|Number of Merit Students to be Hired||5000 Students|