WB Student Credit Card Scheme: Mamata Banerjee Garu fulfills Political Manifesto. The Government of Bengal has launched a new scheme to benefit students of West Bengal with financial help. It is considered as a prestigious project by the West Bengal CM. The Bengal Student Credit Card scheme is one of the commitments made in an election manifesto.
Hence, the movement Ms. Mamata Banerjee came to power, on June 24, 2021, and she took the decision to activate the scheme. The scheme is built to protect the interests of students who are meritorious yet unaffordable to pursue higher studies. Therefore, the Honourable CM makes it a point to roll out the prestigious scheme for meritorious students.
The students of West Bengal who wish to study higher education and lack financial affordability can utilize the scheme benefits and apply for the loan online or Offline. The student can claim up to INR 10 lakhs and the repayment period is 15 years after getting a job. The beneficiaries can seek the support of the repayable credit card loan amount by registering online/ offline.
WB Student Credit Card Scheme WBSCC Details:
West Bengal Student Credit Card: Soft Loan:
Students who are approaching various bank institutional loans need not panic. At the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic, getting an education was quite difficult. Reasons may be plenty but at this juncture, getting an easy educational loan for higher studies is a boon to the student community. However, the Government of Bengal has set in certain criteria conditions that shall enable students to seek loans with ease.
The scheme will benefit the students who are not beyond 40 years of age. The repaying terms are stretched up to 15 years, and the system follows an online credit card. Despite the adverse financial conditions that restrict students from seeking institutional loans, the West Bengal Student Credit Card will be made available. The scheme shall be officially launched on June 30, 2021.
Flexibility/ Limitations of Credit loan:
1. Loan can be applied by the tenth-class students and above.
2. The beneficiary can acquire a loan at a very low rate of interest.
3. The loan recipients will get a credit card and on timely disbursement of the loan, the beneficiary can draw over the credit card.
4. Students who make a continuous stay in Bengal for 10 years are eligible for the loan benefit.
5. The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
6. The loan benefit can be availed by the scheme until 40 years of age.
7. The WBSCC Scheme is eligible for students who plan to pursue higher education.
8. The education can be UG, PG, doctoral, Post Doctoral, and other Higher studies in India as well as abroad.
9. The tenure of the loan repayment is 15 years.
Important documents are essential when an applicant is ready to submit the application for a credit card scheme. The applicant must upload documents such as an Aadhar card, Residence certificate, Age proof, Ration card, Income certificate, Bank account details, Mobile Number, and Passport size photograph.
1. In order to Register for the WBSCC, Students should be permanent citizens of West Bengal and He/ She should have an Original Aadhar Card.
2. Those students who want to go to higher Studies will eligible for this scheme.
3. The Loan amount of up to Rs.10 lakhs will be given to the students who wish to go abroad or Higher education.
4. The student’s age should not cross 40 years.
|West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
|scheme Launched by
|WB State CM Mamata Banerjee Garu
|WB State Students
|After Getting Job
|Up to 10 Lakhs
|Authorised Official website
Also Read: Bihar Student Credit Card Login
The Process to apply for the WB Student Credit Card Scheme Online:
The Government of Bengal has disclosed an official procedure to enroll for the WB Student Credit Card (WBSCC) Scheme. And also, the official documentation that shall enable a student to apply for a student study loan. Students should follow the process given below and apply for the scheme Online.
1st Step: First, Students must visit the WBSCC web Portal i.e https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/.
2nd Step: On the Home Page of WBSCC, Students will have to hit on the ‘Students Registration” Link.
3rd Step: Complete the Personal Details, Permanent Address, Education Qualification, User Name, Password, Bank account, and other details on the given Registration FOrm, and upload the required documents.
4th Step: Once you finish Filling Up the complete details, students need to Re-verify all blocks and click on the Submit button.
5th Step: After finishing the Students Registration process, you need to come back to the home page and log in to the Student Credit Card using the Registered user name and password and apply for the scheme.
Also Check: WB Khadya sathi scheme