Inspire Scholarship scheme has initiated by the Directorate of Science & Technology, Govt of India in the eleventh Plane at a total cost of 1979.25 crores in November 2008. The same in the 12th plan the budgetary allocation went up by INR 2200 crores. But why does the government take such an initiative to build INSPIRE scheme? The government of India wants the ministry of science and technology to search for students with specific qualities. The S&T department is in a constant hunt for students who have an aptitude for research and innovation.
More importantly, the department is specific about students who like to pursue a Career in Basic and Natural Science. The department would like to make INSPIRE a model for attracting talent. The government of India is decisive about the generation of a talent pool and making them an integral part of innovative infrastructure. However, one must understand that the abbreviation (INSPIRE) relates to Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research.
The fundamental objective of the S&T department is to create a strong R&D base with the aid of a critical resource pool.
Every year, the science and technology department releases a notification Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) in the month of December. Similarly, the Directorate of Science & Technology board will start the Online Application Process in December month and it closes the application process in January month.
Inspire Scholarship Login 2022-2023 Online Apply, Registration:
Three Components for Basic & Natural Science Students:
The Department of Science & Technology (DST) through its innovative program, INSPIRE.
The program is channeled into three components.
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)
The students who join these aforesaid components shall attract the talents to study science at an early age. Each component is illustrated in detail and can be found at http://www.inspire- dst.gov.in/INSPIRE_Brochure.pdf.
The Department of Science & Technology doesn’t conduct any kind of competitive exam in selecting the students. The scholarship for higher education (SHE) is provided to the interested students keeping in view the current educational structure. In the selection procedure, the student must qualify the eligibility criteria and the important conditions are mentioned as follows.
1. The candidate must be between 17 years and 22 years of age and must have completed the class 12th examination from any recognized board in India. The candidate should be within the top one percent of the class.
2. The student must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree courses in basic and natural sciences.
3. The candidate must belong to any recognized institute/ college/ university in India.
4. The candidate who-ever joins courses in basic and natural sciences should have among the top one thousand rank holders in JEE/ AIPMT/ NEET, etc.
5. There is a select list of premier institutes in India where remarkable research on basic and natural sciences is in progress.
Candidates pursuing those courses are also eligible and they are as follows.
- Integrated MS course from NISER, IISERs or be a scholar of KVPY.
- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences,
- NTSE, JBNSTS
- Be a medallist of the International Olympiad pursuing a bachelor/ master level course in Natural Science
Scholarship Basic & Natural Science (SHE):
- The department of S&T provides scholarships to 10,000 students and the scholarship value is INR 80,000 per annum.
- The scholarship allotment is in two components.
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000.00
- Summertime attachment fee of INR 20,000 per annum.
Also Read: MOMA Scholarship 2022
Required Documents for Uploading:
- The candidate must submit the required documents in the demonstrated format. The prescribed format is in the JPEG file.
- It must be noted that the assigned size per every document must be met.
- The passport photo of the candidate should not exceed more than 50 kb.
- The candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category must submit a community/caste certificate in PDF format and the size should not exceed more than 1 MB.
- The state/central board issues advisory notes on students and it should be produced in PDF format and the size not exceeding 1MB.
- The candidate must produce class 12th marks list in PDF format and should not exceed 1 MB.
- The candidate’s 10th class marks list that stands as proof of date of birth must be in PDF format and the size not to exceed 1 MB.
- The rank cards of NEET/NTSE/JEE advanced, etc that fall under the purview of selection criteria must be produced in PDF form with a file size not to exceed 1MB.
- The Director of Institute/Principal-college/University Registrar should sign the endorsement forms. The endorsed forms should be in PDF format and the size not exceed 1MB.
Also Check: Praxis WiT Scholarship 2022 Apply Online
INSPIRE Scholarship Registration Process:
1st Step: Visit the INSPIRE scheme for SHE Portal.
2nd Step: The New users must click on the Register link which is placed on the left side of the home page.
3rd Step: Users must fill in the details like First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of birth, Gender, Mobile Number, User ID, Password, Type of Inspire scheme like SHE, Ph.D., Post Ph.D., captcha code and click on the Submit button.
4th Step: The New User Registration is Successfully completed.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Online Process:
The candidates should fill in the INSPIRE Scholarship Online application and upload the needful documents. The process of online application is simple and clear.
1st Step: To apply for this scheme, applicants must visit the official website i.e. https://online-inspire.gov.in/.
2nd Step: On the Inspire Home page, the applicants must go to the announcement section and click on the scholarship link.
3rd Step: On the Scholarship page, applicants should tap on the INSPIRE Scholarship for SHE link and read the scheme complete Advertisement.
4th Step: Once you read out the Scholarship scheme notice, the candidates must fill in the required documents and make a submission and on successful registration. Then the candidate shall get a mail.
5th Step: The candidates must check the registered mail ID to activate the link sent to it. One must click on the activation link to further proceed.
6th Step: The candidate must enter the registered email id and password as they become the login credentials. Once you log in to the Page, applicants should find the Inspire scholarship for SGE or Ph.D. or Post Ph.D. Scheme Online apply links and view the Forms on the fresh tab.
7th step: The candidates must fill in the details, and scan copies should be uploaded in the aforesaid format & file size.
8th Step: After a careful evaluation of the application form, the applicants should make a submission by hitting the submit button.
Also Read: TATA Scholarship 2022-2023